This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LoveMyEggo #ReadingWithEggo #CollectiveBias
Get ready for Back to School with Kellogg’s Eggo Buttermilk Waffles! School will be here before you know it. The most important part of the day for me is breakfast with my daughter before she is off to school. As she gets dressed, I prepare a simple breakfast for her to eat so that she’s full of energy and ready for a long school day.
This simple Eggo Buttermilk Waffles Sausage & Egg Breakfast Sandwich requires only 3 main ingredients (Eggo Buttermilk Waffles, Sausage Patty and Egg) and it takes less than 15 minutes to prepare in the morning.
My daughter loves to eat the waffle breakfast sandwich when we eat out at restaurants so I was inspired to create this for her since we can’t always make it there! I hope you’ll enjoy the recipe with your own children too and keep reading below to find out how you can get a FREE Scholastic Book for your children when you buy participating Kellogg’s products! Plus, sign up for iBotta and earn money back on the purchase of Eggo variety (while supplies last).
Eggo Buttermilk Waffles Sausage & Egg Breakfast Sandwich
This receipt yields 5 sandwiches
- 1 box of Eggo Buttermilk Waffles
- Five large eggs
- Five sausage patties
- 5 Slices of Cheese (optional)
- Cooking Spray (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- On medium heat, using a pan or griddle, cook sausage patties (I used a griddle set at 400 degrees). Cook until well done, about 4 minutes per side. Remove sausage patties and set aside.
- Fry eggs until well done. About 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. You can also use cooking spray before breaking the eggs so that it’s less sticky on the surface of your pan/griddle. Flip over once and break the yolk to cook. Remove eggs
- Place waffles on pan/griddle for 1 minute. Flip once to cook opposite side. Place slide of cheese on waffle and let cook for another 1-2 minute or until cheese melts.
- Place each cooked egg on top of the cheese. Place a sausage patty on top of egg. Place a second waffle on top of the egg.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Eggo has recently partnered with Scholastic to help fuel kids’ mind and body for the upcoming school year by offering FREE Scholastic books for kids until 9/30/18! When you buy one Eggo product, you can redeem for a FREE Scholastic Book, up to 10 books per participant! You can submit your receipt by visiting Kellogg’s Family Rewards to receive your FREE Scholastic book.
You can purchase the Eggo Buttermilk Waffles and other Kellogg’s Eggo products at Walmart. Take advantage of the convenience and ease by using Walmart’s Online Grocery Pickup service if it’s available near you!
Pin this Recipe for later!